Cucumber is a vegetable which is available through out the year. Cucumber Roti is very simple in preparation and very tasty too. All you need is grated cucumber, chopped onions, coriander leaves, ginger piece, little coconut and medium sujje.
Servings : 5 - 6
1. Grated cucumber - 1 and 1/2 cups
2. Medium Sujee/Semolina - 1 cup
3. Fresh grated coconut - 1/2 cup (Omit this if you are on diet)
4. Chopped green chillies - 2
5. Ginger grated - 1′ piece
6. Chopped coriander leaves - A handful
7. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
8. Chopped Onion - 1 cup
9. Salt - as per taste
10. Sugar - 1/2 tsp (Optional)
11. Grated carrot - 1 cup (Optional)
Directions for preparation :
1. Grate cucumber. Chop onions, coriander leaves, green chillies finely and grate ginger. Mix all of them in a bowl along with Upma sujee/Medium sujee. Add fresh grated coconut and required quantity of salt to it as well.
2. Mix all of them in such a way that the consistency of the roti batter should be right enough to pat on the dosa griddle. You can add little water other than the juice of cucumber while mixing the same and the dough is as shown in the image below.
3. Place a griddle on medium flame with a teaspoon of cooking oil on the flame. Rub it with a coconut coir or a tissue paper and take a handful of the batter and pat it round with the help of your fingers and flatten it so that it will be easily cooked. Close it with a lid.
Cucumber Roti being cooked on both sides on dosa griddle
4. When cooked, just reverse the roti and splash a little oil on it and also on the sides of the roti by switching the flame on medium mode.
5. When fully cooked you can serve this with butter or dry chutney powder or you can eat plain.
Servings: 12 - 15 of the above size
|Tags: Breakfast,Easy Cooking,Aloo,Beans|
This looks like a delicious recipe and requires little preparation. Will try it out soon!
Thanks for the lovely recipe!!!