Huli Sehe Kara Avalakki is a combination of spicy, sour and sweet. Try this out and you can prepare this as your regular breakfast dish.
Preparation Time: 40 mins
Servings : 4 -5 people
- Coconut grated - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 6
- Tamarind juice - 1/4 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Medium sized Avalakki (Poha) or Flattened Rice - 2 cups
- Oil - 4 tsp
- Urad dal / White Lenthils - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 Strand
1. Soak the Poha/Avalakki in water for 5-7 min. Do not soak Poha more than 7 min. Drain the water from the
vessel and keep the Poha aside.
2. In a mixer jar, add Coconut
grated, Cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds and Red chillies grind finely
these ingredients with adding very less water, just sprinkle water so that it is grinded finely.
3. Mix Tamrind juice ,
Turmeric, Jaggery powder and Salt well with the help of hand. Let the Jaggery
dissolve properly in Tamrind paste. Add grinded one from Step 2 and mix well
with this tamarind/jaggery juice. Add avalakki to this mixture and mix properly by
4. Heat the Oil in a
pan, add Mustard seeds,
once it splutters, add urad dal, Curry leaves, cut Red chillies. Once
the color of the red chillies changes, add Poha mixture and mix it
Your Huli, Sehe, Kara Avalakki is ready to eat. This is also ideal for lunch box.
Tried this Poha today, it turned out super....