Carrot is a vegetable which is available through out the year. Carrot Roti is very simple in preparation and very tasty too. All you need is grated carrot, chopped onions, coriander leaves, ginger piece, little coconut and medium sujje.
Servings : 5 - 6
1. Grated carrot - 1-and 1/2 cups
2. Medium Sujee/Semolina - 1 cup
3. Fresh grated coconut - 1/2 cup
4. Chopped green chillies - 2
5. Ginger grated - 1′ piece
6. Chopped coriander leaves - A handful
7. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
8. Chopped Onion - 1 cup
9. Salt - as per taste
10. Sugar - 1/2 tsp (Optional)
1. Grate carrot. Peel and chop onions fine. Wash and chop coriander leaves fine, wash and grate green chillies, also wash, peal and grate ginger. Mix all of them in a bowl along with Upma sujee/Medium sujee. Add fresh grated coconut and required quantity of salt to it as well.
2. Mix all of them in such a way that the consistency of the roti batter should be right enough to pat on the dosa griddle. You can add little water while mixing the same and the dough is as shown in the image below.
3. Place a griddle on medium flame with a teaspoon of cooking oil on the flame. Take a handful of the batter and pat it round with the help of your fingers and flatten it so that it will be easily cooked. Close it with a lid.4. When cooked, just reverse the roti and splash a little oil on it and also on the sides of the roti by switching the flame on medium mode.
5. When fully cooked you can serve this with butter or dry chutney powder or you can eat plain.
Servings: 12 - 15 of the above size
|Tags: Breakfast,Easy Cooking,Carrot|