Ragi Roti is a tasty and a healthy breakfast. Try this recipe of Ragi Roti, it turns out to be very soft. Ragi Roti and onion chutney is an awesome combination. It is an ideal breakfast to have over the week ends. Add veggies to this roti, it will really taste good.
Ragi flour - 2 Cups
Grated Carrot - 1 small
Finely chopped Onion - 2
Sabsige Soppu/Dill leaves - A handful
Coriander Leaves - a handful
Water - 2 cups
Coconut - 1 tbsp (Omit this if you are on diet)
Chillies - 2 chopped finely
Salt to taste
Note: Water and Ragi flour proportion should be 1:1
1. Cut all your veggies.
2. Take a spoon of ragi flour, mix this in plain water to a watery paste.
3. Keep your Kadai/Pan, pour water. Keep it in low flame. Add the paste from step 2 to this water.
4. Then add Carrot, onions, dill leaves, chillies, coriander, coconut and salt. Salt and spicy content should be little more initially. (but final ragi roti will be perfect with taste).
5. Bring it boil. Then finally add your Ragi flour and switch off the flame. Mix well like a big ball.
6. Take a handful of dough and add little oil to the kadai and grease it
around the kadai. Next pat evenly on the kadai like shown in the
picture. Now place it on the flame and cover it with a lid.
Leave it for a minute, turn other side and leave for 1 min or so. Your Softy Ragi Roti is ready. Serve with Onion Chutney.
Sending this recipe to Announcing Healthy Cooking Challenge : Healthy Lunch
as well as HCC : Healthy Cooking Challenge
Nicely done..I will be needing it soon.have first hand experience eating your dishes Malathi..can't forget savithas ragi roti..it tasted soo good