Saboodana also called as Sabbakki / Seemeakki / Pearl Sago is a starch extracted in the spongy center or pith, of various tropical palm stems and processed in the form of "pearls". sago is pure carbohydrate and has very little protein, vitamins, or minerals.
Here i am preparing a different type of Idli with sago/saboodana which is tasty and stomach filling also a easy breakfast too.
1. Sagu/Sabudana - 1 cup
2. Rice rava /Akki tari - 2 cup
3. Curds/Yoghurt - 2 cups
4. Water - 1/2 cup
5. Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
6. Chopped green chillies - 2
7. Chopped coriander leaves - A handful
8. Salt - as per taste
9. Soaked Channa Dal : handful (optional)
10. Cooking soda - A pinch
11. Asafoetida : A pinch
1. Soak Sagu/Sabudana, Rice rava /Akki tari, Channa Dal in curds for 8-10 hours. (I usually soak it overnight so that its easy prepare for breakfast).
2. Once the batter is soaked well, Add Grated coconut, Chopped green chillies, Chopped coriander leaves, Salt - as per taste, Cooking soda and Asafoetida. Mix well.
3. The consistency can be as for rava idli batter.
4. Pour the batter onto greased idli plates and steam for 15 - 20 mins
5. Serve hot with any type of chutney.
|Tags: Saboodana Masala Idly, Sago, Sabbakki Idly, Seemeakki Idly|