Aloo Paratha is a delicious and famous North Indian dish. Aloo Paratha is just a chapati but stuffed with Aloo Masala. Try this easy recipe of Aloo Paratha....
1. Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
2. Water - 1/2 Cup
4. Oil - 2 tbsp
5. Potatoes - 2 medium sized
6. onion - 2 numbers
7. Garam Masala - 2 tsp
1. Mix Wheat flour, Salt and Water to make a soft dough. Keep aside for few minutes.
2. Meanwhile you can prepare for the stuffing. Boil potatoes in pressure cooker.
3. When the potaoes are cool enough to handle, peel the skin and mash finely so that no dumps are present.
4. Take a kadai with little oil and heat. Add finely chopped onions and fry till it turns golden brown.
5. Add mashed Potatoes, salt to taste and Garam Masala and fry for few minutes.
6. Now divide the wheat flour dough and Aloo mixture into small balls as shown.
7. Roll the dough ball into small circles and place the aloo mixture ball in it and seal all the sides.
8. Slowly roll the stuffed ball sprinkling dry wheat flour in between and make big circle. Intially the stuffed mixture may come out, but later you get used and can prepare well.
9. Keep the skillet to get heated, place the stuffed Aloo Paratha over the heated skillet, smear oil over the Aloo Paratha and flip both sides till cooked.
10. Repeat with the remaining dough and Aloo mixture.
Serve hot Aloo Paratha with Plain Yogurt or Tomato Sauce ( Aloo Parathas can be served with tomato chutney, plain yogurt, any gravy subji or spicy pickle.)