World Diabetes Day is held on November 14 each year. The day aims to increase an awareness of the effects of diabetes and its complications amongst the general population and professionals. In Significance of this day we have posted Broken Wheat Bise belle Bhath.
Health Benefits of Broken Wheat:
- Cracked wheat is an excellent option for reducing gas, easing
constipation and helping to maintain the entire digestive track as a
- Naturally low in fat and absolutely free of saturated fats, cholesterol
and trans fats, this food is a great way to help maintain a consistent
weight loss regimen.
Broken Wheat/Godi Thari Bise Belle Bhath tastes really great. Try this recipe ...
Servings: 4/5 people
Broken Wheat - 1 Cup
Moong Dal - 1/2 Cup
Mixed Vegetables - 1 Cup (Carrot,Beans, Corn, Peas, Capsicum, Aloo, Onion)
Tamarind - 3 tbsp
Sambar Powder - 3 tbsp
Coconut- 3 tbsp
Jaggery - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Bengal Gram - 2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves - 1 strand
red chillies - 1 cut in 2 pieces
1. Pressure cook broken wheat by adding 2 cups of water.
2. Mix 4 cups of water to Moong dal and bring it boil in a heavy bottomed pan or a kadai. Boil till moong dal turns soft.
3. Grind grated coconut and sambar powder to a fine paste.
4. Once Moong Dal is cooked add cooked mixed vegetables, cooked broken wheat, Tamarind juice, Jaggery and Salt to taste. Bring it to boil. Add one spoon of ghee. Let it be in liquid consistency. If not you can add water. Later on it will get thick.
5. Prepare seasoning by heating oil in kadai, Add mustard seeds, when it starts spluttering add curry leaves, asafoetida, red chillies, jeera, urad dal and bengal gram dal. Fry for a min. Garnish Step 4 with Seasoning.
6. Serve hot with any raita.
Sending this recipe to Announcing Healthy Cooking Challenge : Healthy Lunch
as well as HCC : Healthy Cooking Challenge
Sending this recipe to Srivalli's
Looks very Delicious... I made Bisebellebath before , but never tried with Broken wheat. A very healthy option.
hi i love cooking basically. i prepared accordingly ur dish it has come out very well thankx for giving us good dish. I request u can u give the recipe for PALPAYASAM for which i am very found of it. hoping i vl get it. bye
Lovely recipe …
Absolutely delicious and very inviting
whatever i try from ur site ends up with success only! Again this one too.
I m one among the silent visitors of ur site. I couldn't keep silent anymore since ur website become my catering school. WISH U HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012.
Thanks for a good dish .A change in menu which is good for
my father in law since he is a diabetic.He too liked it. Onbehalf of our family we WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY
We use to do only payasam during ananthapadmanaba festival thanks u had shown even kara item to do wit it. thanks. Wish u a very happy and prosporous new year. Take care.