Sabsige Upma is a yummy and delicious recipe. Sabsige soppu is consumed in adundance during post pregnancy. Upma taste great if you can add togarikalu/pigeon peas or Peas along with Sabsige soppu and onion.
Health Benefits of Dill Leaves:
- Helps in Lactation
- Good digestion, relief from insomnia, hiccups, dysentery, menstrual disorders, respiratory disorders.
- Excellent Source Of Iron and Calcium.
Medium Rava/Sooji: 1 cup
Sabsige Soppu/Dill Leaves: 1 cup chopped finely
Onion: 1 cup chopped finely
Green chillies: 2 or 3 cut lengthwise
Togarikalu/Pigeon Peas: 1/2 cup (Optional)
Water: 2 Cups
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Methi Seeds: 1/4 tsp
Channa dal: 1/2 tsp
Urad dal: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida: a pinch
Oil: 2 tbsp
Ghee: 1/2 tbsp
Curry Leaves: 1 strand
Jeera Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander Leaves: chopped finely a handful
Grated coconut: 1 - 2 tbsp
Sugar: 1/2 tsp
1. Roast rava in a medium flame till you get good aroma.
oil in frying pan, add mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering add
channa dal and urad dal. Fry till it turns brown in colour. Add green
chillies, curry leaves, methi seeds, turmeric and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add chopped onions, Sabsige Soppu, togarikalu fry till onion turns transparent or soft.
4. Add 2 cups of water and bring it boil. Add ghee, salt and sugar. Mix well.
5. Reduce the flame, add rava and mix well so that no lumps are formed.
6. Cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes on a low flame.
7. Add grated coconut, coriander leaves and mix well.
Serve hot Sabsige Soppu Onion upma/uppitu for breakfast.
new to me.will surely try :)
Nice color choice on the blog. It is really easy on my eyes and I have bad eyes too so that’s a really big compliment lol
An excellent post, providing something good to read,it's just good to came across the post on hand sets and its features.
perfectly made…looks delish!