Palak/spinach is very healthy for the body and Palak Poori/Puri is very easy to prepare. This is usually prepared during Diwali time. Kids enjoy this stuff. Traditionally Palak puri is eaten with aloo sabji.
Wheat Flour: 2 cups
Fine Rava/Thin Rava: 1 cup
Maida: 1/4 cup (optional)
Spinach/Palak: 2 bunches
Salt to taste
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Chilli Powder: 2 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Jeera powder: 1 tsp
1. Wash and boil spinach with little water and salt. Let it cool.
2. Grind Spinach to form a fine paste.
3. Mix Spinach paste, wheat flour, rava, maida, salt, garam masala, chilli powder and jeera powder. Make a soft dough with sufficient water. Let it set for 1 hour.
4. Make small sized balls from the dough and roll them with the rolling pin.
5. Heat oil in the kadai, fry the pooris in oil. Turn to the other side and let it fry for 4 - 5 seconds.
Take care not to over cook.
Serve hot pooris with aloo sabji.
|Tags: aloo,deep fry,puris|