Kanji is a simplest dish that can be prepared and goes well with pickle. Kanji is an age old recipe prepared mostly in all homes in the coastal Karnataka. Kanji is easy to digest, and hence good for people who are weak with illness. It is good for detoxification as well.
The main ingredient in this dish is the Brown Rice. Brown Rice has an excellent taste. The benefits of brown rice are phenomenal, and it is highly recommended
by nutritionists and dietitians as an excellent source of nutrition.
1. Brown Rice - 1 cup
2. Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
3. Ghee - 2 tsp
4. Curds - 1 cup
5 Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook Brown Rice by adding 4 cups of water, Keep it for 5 whistle.
2. Grind coconut to fine paste.
3. When the pressure cools down, Pour the cooked rice along with the left over water to a vessel. Add coconut paste, salt to taste, Ghee and 1 cup of water.
4. Boil for few minutes. switch off the stove and add curds.
Serve hot with pickle.
|Tags: Rice kanji, Kanji, Brown Rice kanji, Brown Rice|
I prepared this for dinner after the eclipse. It was yummy and I liked it better without mixing the curds. It was truly filling...
- yes! I agree the nttuirion on those things has gone completely down hill. How do they seem to make a MORE unhealthy cookie as people are more aware of what they're eating? I cringe when I see my husband polish off a packet of thin mint. Your adaptation looks great, I'll have to try them with brown rice syrup.