Rava Dosa is an instant Dosa which is very popular in all South Indian home.
1. Rava - 2 cups
2. Rice Flour - 1 cup
3. Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Ginger 1 inch piece
6. Green Chillies - 4 - 5
7. Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
8. Peppercorn - 8-10
9. Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
10. Ghee - 1 tbsp
12. Curry leaves
13. Coriander leaves
14. Onion - 1 big (optional)
1. Mix Rava, Rice flour with 3 cups of water to make a thin batter.
2. Chop onion(optional), ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves and curry leaves finely. Add all these along with grated coconut to the batter.
3. Crush peppercorn and cumin seeds. Heat ghee in a pan and fry powdered peppercorn and cumin seeds lightly. Add to batter and stir well.
4. Lightly grease a non-stick tawa (any tawa). Pour a ladle full of batter by spreading.
5. Pour a tablespoon of oil around and on dosa and cook till it is crisp and golden in color.
Serve hot with any Chutney.
P.S: The consistency of the batter should be pouring and not too thick. If the batter is kept closed for 30 minutes before making dosa it tastes better.
|Tags: Rava Dosa, Rawa Dosa, Instant Dosa, Dosa|