Simple Spicy Poha/Avalakki Oggarane is an easy to cook, nutritious breakfast. You can also add some vegetables like potatoes, beans, capsicum (all chopped finely) too and make it more nutritious.
1. Poha/Avalakki (thick) - 2 cups
2. Onion - 2 chopped finely
3. Green Chillies - 7/8 Cut lengthwise
4. Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
5. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
6. Jeera - 1/2 tsp
7. Tomatoes - 1 chopped finely
8. Peas - 1 cup
9. Salt to taste
10. Coriander a handful chopped
11. Curry leaves - 2 strands
12. Sugar - 1/4 tsp
13. Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
14. Oil - 2 tbsp
Wash poha and drain water completely and leave aside for 5
2. Heat Oil in a Pan/Kadai, add mustard seeds, when it starts spluttering add Channa dal, urad dal, jeera, green chilies, turmeric, onion, tomatoes, peas and cook for few minutes
3. Add Poha, salt, sugar and mix well. Reduce the flame and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Garnish with coriander, coconut, sprinkle lemon juice and serve hot.
|Tags: Poha recipe, Spicy Poha, avalakki oggarane, avalakki|
yumm this sounds too good