This is an easy and little bit different dosa. I learnt this from my aunt (Sakku aunty). It will be crispy and very spicy too. A nice variation from normal dosas. You can serve this Dosa without any chutney or sambar. My daughter has named this as Kodubale dosa.
1. Raw Rice - 1 cup
2. Poha - 1 handful
3. Tamarind juice - 1 tbsp
4. Jaggery - 1 tsp
5. Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
6. Red Chillies - 8 - 9 nos
7. Salt to taste
8. Asafoetida: Pinch
9. Coriander Leaves: A handful
10. Methi/Fengreek Seeds: 1 tbsp
1. Soak Raw Rice, Methi/Fengreek Seeds and poha overnight.
2. Grind Red chillies, grated coconut, jaggery, tamarind juice, soaked raw rice, methi/fengreek seeds and poha to a fine paste. Add salt and Asafoetida.
3. Make a thin batter.
4. Lightly grease a non-stick tawa (any tawa). Pour a ladle full of batter by spreading.
5. Pour a tablespoon of oil around and on dosa and cook till it is crisp and golden in color.
Serve hot without any Chutney.....
P.S: No Fermentation is required, Dosa can be prepared immediately after grinding well. The consistency of the batter should be pouring and not too thick.
|Tags: khara dosa, dosa, khara, spicy dosa|