Hurali kalu or Horse gram is a very healthy bean which is rich in protein. Horsegram dosa is very tasty, try this interesting recipe ...
Dosa Rice - 1 1/2 cups
Horse gram / hurali - 3/4 cup
Urad dal - 1/2 cup
Methi (Fenugreek) seeds - 1 tsp
Jeera seeds - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - a handful
Ginger - 1 inch
Salt - According to taste
1. Soak the rice, urad dal and methi in enough amount of water for 4-6 hours
2. Grind it to a smooth paste and let it ferment overnight
3. Soak horse gram in enough water at night and let it soak while the rice batter is fermenting
4. Next morning, grind the soaked horse gram with cumin seeds, coriander and ginger to a fine paste. Add water to facilitate the blades
5. Mix this with the fermented batter and add salt and mix well
1. Heat the griddle
2. When the griddle is hot, smear a few drops of oil
3. Pour 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp of batter on the griddle. Spread it like a normal dosa.
4. Smear a few drops of oil
5. Cook on medium heat, covering
6. Serve hot with a coconut chutney or pudina chutney.
|Tags: horsegram hurali dosa|