Broken Wheat is an excellent source of fiber and is also low in fat. Broken Wheat idli is a good options for a diabetic. Broken Wheat is known as gothumai rava or samba ravai in Tamil and dalia in hindi. I had earlier prepared pongal and that was excellent, one my friend suggested to try out Idli with Broken wheat and came out well.....
1. Broken Wheat - 1 cup
2. Urad Dal - 1 cup
3. Salt to taste
4. Oil - 2tsp for greasing
1. Soak Urad dal for 4-5 hours, Grind it well with water(little).
2. Roast Broken wheat on a low flame, cool it and add it to the urad batter. Ferment for 6-8 hours.
3. Add salt, stir well and add water to make idli batter consistency.
4. Grease the idli plates and Pour the batter onto greased idli plates and steam for 15 - 20 mins
5. Serve hot broken wheat idlis with any type of chutney.
|Tags: Broken Wheat Idli, Broken Wheat, gothumai rava, samba ravai, dalia, diabetic food|