Vermicelli upma is a tasty, nutritious breakfast recipe. You can add lot of veggies to it and best way to feed your family with nutritious breakfast.
Vermicelli - 1 cup
Onion - 1/2 cup
Boiled peas - 1/4 cup
capsicum - 1/4 cup
curry leaves - 1 strand
green chillies - 2 finely chopped
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
broken cashews - 2
Putani or roasted channa dal - finely grounded 2 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
lime juice - 2 tsp
turmeric - 1/2 tsp
oil - 3 tsp
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
2. Saute vermicelli on medium low flame for 5 - 6 mins.
3. Take a pan and boil 2 cups of water and add 1 tsp salt.
4. Add roasted vermicelli and cook for 4 mins.
5. Drain the water and run cold water on the cooked vermicelli for 20 secs.
6. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds
7. Add curry leaves, urad dal, cashews, capsicum, onion and saute. add salt.
8. Add green chillies, boiled peas and turmeric. Saute for 1 min.
9. add lime juice, cilantra and vermicelli and stir well.
10. Finally add grounded putani and mix well.
Serve vermicelli Upma with coconut chutney. ENJOY !!!!