1. Rice - 4 Cups
2. Beaten rice/Atukulu/poha - 1 Cup
3. Urad dal - 1 handful(1/4 cup approx)
4. Methi (fenugreek) seeds - 2 tsp
5. Curds(optional,makes it still softer) - 1/4 cup
6. Cooking soda(optional,makes the dosa porous,soft and fluffy) - a pinch
7. Salt to tasteProcedure:
1. Soak urad dal,rice, poha and methi seeds overnight or 6-7 hrs.
2. Grind urad dal, rice, poha and methi seeds in the wet grinder to a smooth paste. Now add dahi and salt and grind again.
3. Ferment it overnight or at least for 9-10 hrs. Let the batter be thicker. (dont mix much water)
4. Mix cooking soda with a tbsp of water in a ladle and add to the batter and mix well nicely. The addition of cooking soda is optional but it ensures that you get soft,porous and fluffy dosas with out fail.
5. Pour the batter(do not spread) on a hot tawa and pour oil from the sides and cover with a lid and cook it on medium flame and remove the lid and increase the flame to high and cook until you can see the golden brown crust formation. This process makes the dosa to be crispy and soft.
6. Serve hot with chuntey and Vegetable Sagu.