Majjige Huli is traditional south indian dish prepared out of curds,cucumber or pumpkin,cococnut and bengal gram.There are different versions of preparing this and here goes our recipe ..
1. Soaked bengal gram - 2 tablespoons (soak bengal gram for 15 - mins min)
2. Gated coconut - 2 table spoons
3. Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
4. Jeera/Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
5. Ginger - 1"
6. Green chillies - 4/5
8. Mustard Seeds - a pinch
9. Salt to taste
10.Cucumber/Pumpkin - 2 cups cut into 1 inch cubes
11. Coriander - a handful
12 Curds - 250 gms
13. Curry leaves - 1 strand
1. Boil the vegetable.
2. Grind bengal gram, coriander seeds, coriander, coconut, ginger, chillies, mustard seeds, jeera and asafortida to a fine paste.
3. Put Turmeric with the curds and mix well.
4. Mix the grinded paste with the boiled vegetable. Add curds to it.
5. Add little water and bring it to boil. Also add curry leaves while boiling.
6. Prepare the oggarane/seasoning and put on this.
7. Boil for few mins and switch off. Serve this with rice.