We have already posted recipes for Methi Rice, Methi Seeds Dal Sambar, and here goes the recipe of Simple Menthya Soppina Huli/Methi Leaves Sambar. Methi Leaves Sambar requires few ingredients, easy to prepare, taste good with rice and chapati too.
Methi Leaves are supposed to have good cooling effect on the body and are often used as a remedy to treat boils, mouth sores, and
sore throats. Methi/Fenugreek leaves are enriched with minerals like potassium, calcium, and iron. Fresh leaves comprises 3 to 5 % of protein.
Methi/Fenugreek Leaves: 2 - 3 bunches chopped finely
Toor Dhal: 1 cup
Sambar Powder: 2 tbsp
Tomato: 1 medium sized chopped
Curry Leaves: 1 strand
Methi seeds: 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Jaggery: 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook dal with a pinch of turmeric.
2. Heat oil in kadai, add mustard seeds and on spluttering add curry leaves, methi seeds, asafoetida. Fry for a min.
3. Add Chopped methi leaves and tomatoes. Add little water, mix well and close the lid. Boil till it turns soft.
4. Add Sambar powder, jaggery and mix well.
5. Finally add cooked dal and salt. Mix and boil for 5 mins.
Methi Leaves sambar is ready to serve with rice or chapati.
Sending this recipe to Announcing Healthy Cooking Challenge : Healthy Lunch
as well as HCC : Healthy Cooking Challenge
|Tags: sambar,easy cooking|