Authentic Kerala and Tamilnadu traditional dish which is prepared using all vegetables and the coconut oil which gives a beautiful aroma.... don't miss just try and you will surely like!!!
A simple easy recipe of Avial (Aviyal)......
1. Grated Coconut - 1 cup
2. Jeera - 1 2tsp
3. Green chillies - 5 - 6 numbers
4. Sliced Beans - 1/4 cup
5. Sliced Carrot - 1/4 cup
6. Sliced Potato - 1/4 cup
7. Sliced Raw banana - 1/4 cup
8. Sliced Raw mango - 1/4 cup
9. Sliced drumstick - 1/4 cup
10. Sliced Yam - 1/4 cup
11. Sliced white pumpkin- 1/4 cup
12. Chayote Squash (Seembadnekai) - 1/4 cup
13. Curds - 1 cup
15. Curry leaves
16. Coconut oil - 2 tsp
Note: Better not to use Red Tomato, Beetroot, Eggplant, Okra, Cabbage, Cauliflower.
1. Cut all the vegetables length wise ( not too long). You can use any vegetable here, if you miss out any vegetables mentioned above will also do.
2. Pressure cook with little water and salt. Don't over cook the vegetables
3. Grind Grated Coconut, Jeera and Green Chillies (instead you can also use red chillies and turmeric) .
4. Take a Kadai or a thick bottom vessel add cooked vegetables, grinded paste and salt, bring it to boil.
5. Now add curry leaves and curds. Do not boil much after adding curds.
6. Remove from the stove and add Coconut oil. Tasty Avial is ready
Serve with hot Rice or Chapati.....
|Tags: avial, aviyal, traditional dish, kerala traditional dish|