Bele Saaru/Simple Rasam is a common dish usually prepared in all South Indian homes. Bele Saaru/Simple Rasam is best served with hot rice. Its a simple soup nice to drink too. Can be prepared easily and quickly. Its a traditional dish which is served in all functions.
1. Togari Bele/Toor Dal - 1 Cup
2. Tomato - 1 small
3. Tamarind juice - 2 tbsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Saarina pudi/Rasam Powder - 1 tbsp
6. Green Chilly - 1 Split lengthwise
7. Ghee - 1 tsp
8. Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
9. Jeera - 1/4 tsp
10. Jaggery - 1/4 tsp
11. Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
12. Curry Leaves - 1 strand
13. Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped finely
14. Asafoetida - 1tsp
1. Cook Togari Bele/Toor Dal with tomato and turmeric in pressure cooker.
2. Mash Tomato and Dal well (not much).
3. In separate vessel take ghee and heat it. Add mustard seeds when it starts spluttering add Jeera, Tamarind juice, Saarina pudi/Rasam Powder, Salt to taste, Jaggery, Asafoetida, let it boil for 2 minutes.
4. Now add mashed Tomato and Dal, required quantity of water, add salt if required. Bring it boil. Switch off the flame and add coriander leaves, curry leaves and 1 green chilly (cut lengthwise).
Serve Hot with Plain Rice and little Ghee.
|Tags: Belle Saaru, Simple Rasam, Saaru, Rasam, plain saaru, Plain Rasam, Traditional Rasam.|
Saru andara saru tipically south indian saru. lovely thanks
Looks mouth watering!!!
perfectly made…looks delish!
Its so perfect. Lovely tasty. thanks for wonderful rasam .Bye
Thanks for the lovely recipe!!!
very nice Rasam i want know how to make rasampowder thankyou