Salt to tasteProcedure:
1. Soak Cow Peas, Black Channa, Green gram and Kabuli channa overnight for 6 - 7 hours.
2. Pressure cook soaked channa dal for 3 - 4 whistles.
3. Fry chopped onions for few minutes till it turns transparent. Grind Coconut, tomato, tamarind juice, onion, sambar powder and 2 tbsp cooked dals from step 1 to a very fine paste.
4. Heat oil in a Kadai, add mustard seeds and on spluttering add curry leaves, asafoetida, chopped Potato fry till it turns soft.
5. Now put cooked dals (Step 1), grinded paste (Step 3) and mix well. Pour 1 cup of water. Add salt to taste.
6. Boil for 5 mins.