Saagu, a traditional dish of Karnataka is prepared with mixed vegetables like carrot, beans, potatoes, capsicim , cauliflower etc. It goes great with freshly made pooris, rava idli and chapati.
2 cups of mixed vegetables carrot,beans,potatoes,capsicum,peas
2 tsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 strand Curry leaves
1/2 Onion (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt as per taste
1/4 Cup Fresh Grated Coconut
1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds
2 tbsp roasted Chana Dal
2-3 Green Chillies
1/2 inch Cinnamon
1 inch ginger
1 Medium Sized Onion
2 Garlic pods
1. Cook the vegetables with some salt and water until done.
2. Grind all the masala ingredients to a fineh paste with some water.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, Temper with mustard seeds, asafoeitida, turmeric, curry leaves.
4. Add finely chopped onions and fry until done.
5. Add the ground masala and saute them for few minutes. Add cooked veggies.
6. Mix and add little water. Add salt as per taste.
7. Allow it to boil well.
Serve hot with Poori, Dosa or Rava Idli.