Hitakida Avarekal Huli is the most delicious spicy dish which is loved by all my family members. My mom prepares in a different style which gives Hitakida Avarekal Huli an excellent taste. Avare Kal (or Indian beans) is a popular vegetable consumed during winter. But now a days Avarekal is available in all seasons and so can be prepared anytime of the year.
1. Hitakida Avarekalu (Deskinned Avarekalu) - 250 gms
2. Onion - 1 nos
3. ginger - 1/2 pod
4. Red Chillies (Han menasinkai) - 10 nos
5. Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
6. Coriander leaves - a handful
7. Grated coconut - 1 small cup
8. Salt to taste
9. Tomato - 1
10. Chakke (Cinnamon)
11. Gasgase (Poppy seeds) - 1 tsp
12. Oil - 2 tsp
13. Chapparada avarekai (Indian Field Beans) - 10-12 nos (chopped lengthwise)
14. Potato - 2 (chopped lengthwise)
1. First need to deskin the Avarekalu ( soak Avarekalu for 3-4 hours, drain all the water, hold the bean between two fingers and de-skin it. The action is that of snapping your finger with a bean between your fingers. very easy.)
2. Cook the deskinned avarekalu, Chapparada avarekai (Indian Field Beans) and potatoes with sufficient water and keep aside.
3. Heat 1/2 tsp of oil in a pan, add Red Chillies (Han menasinkai), Coriander seeds, 1 onion (chopped), Chakke (Cinnamon), Gasgase (Poppy seeds) , fry till onions are soft.
4. Now along with coconut, ginger, coriander leaves, tomato add all the fried ingredients(step 3) and grind to fine paste.
5. Mix the cooked deskinned avarekalu (step 2 cooked veggies), grinded masala (step 4) and salt to taste and boil for 10 minutes.
Serve hot with Ragi Mudde (Ragi balls). This spicy Hitakida Avarekal Huli goes very well with Ragi mudde.....
Also Hitakida Avarekal Huli can be served with Chapati and Rice too.
|Tags: Hitakida Avarekalu, Deskinned Avarekalu, Avarekalu, Spicy Avarekal Hulli, Hitakida Avarekalu Huli|