Sprouted green grams are very good for health and are good source of proteins, calcium, fiber. We usually prepare salads, curry, sabzi from sprouted green gram. Try this interesting recipe of sprouted green gram stuffed parata.
Fine Rava/Thin Rava: 2 cups
Wheat Flour: 2 cups
Curds: 1 cup
Sprouted Green gram: 200 grams
Coriander Leaves - Finely chopped
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Green chillies - 1 finely chopped
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
Jeera : 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste: 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee - 1 tbsp
1. Mix rava and wheat flour well. Add curds, pinch of salt, ghee and water make the dough like chapathi. Let it set for 1 - 2 hours.
2. Heat oil in kadai, add jeera, green chillies and onion, fry till it turns transparent. Add ginger garlic paste, boiled green gram, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
3. Now divide the wheat flour dough and green gram mixture into small balls.
4. Roll the dough ball into small circles and place the green gram mixture ball in it and seal all the sides.
5. Slowly roll the stuffed ball sprinkling dry wheat flour in between
and make big circle. Initially the stuffed mixture may come out, but
later you get used and can prepare well.
6. Keep the skillet to get heated, place the stuffed Paratha over
the heated skillet, smear oil over the Sprouted green gram Paratha and flip both sides
7. Repeat with the remaining dough and Sprouted greengram mixture.
Serve hot Sprouted greengram parata with curds or tomato chutney or any chutney.
Sending this recipe to Vardini's LGSS - Stuffed Parata event and Vatsala's LGSS event
Love the use of sprouted green gram. Makes it healthy and thx for linking to the event.
Event: Sinful Delights
Event: Stuffed Paratha
Healthy parathas,even i tried them not even a week before,packed with proteins.. btw regarding the guest hosting,if you are interested in hosting my event on october,it will be prefect for me..Hope toor dal sounds great if you want to host..