Paratas are usually stuffed with boiled vegetables, leaf vegetables, radish, carrot. Stuffed Chana Dal Parata is very delicious and is a rich source of calcium and protein.
Fine Rava/Thin Rava: 1 cup
Wheat Flour: 2 cups
Milk: 1 cup
Soaked Kabuli Chana Dal: 2 Cups
Coriander Leaves - Finely chopped
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Green chillies - 1 finely chopped
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Red chilly powder - 2 tsp
Jeera : 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste: 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
1. Mix rava and wheat flour well. Add milk, pinch of salt, ghee make the dough like chapathi. Prepare dough with milk (No need to add water). Let it set for 1 - 2 hours.
2. Pressure cook soaked channa dal for 3 - 4 whistles. Allow it to cool.
3. Grind cooked channa dal to a fine paste without adding water.
4. Heat the kadai add butter, then add mustard seeds. On spluttering add jeera seeds, ginger garlic paste, chopped onion, green chillies and fry till it turns transparent.
5. Add channa dal paste, garam masala, red chilli powder, salt and mix well. Fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Switch off the the flame add lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well. Stuffing is ready now.
7. Now divide the wheat flour dough and chana dal mixture into small balls.
8. Roll the dough ball into small circles and place the chana dal mixture ball in it and seal all the sides.
9. Slowly roll the stuffed ball sprinkling dry wheat flour in between
and make big circle. Initially the stuffed mixture may come out, but
later you get used and can prepare well.
10. Keep the skillet to get heated, place the stuffed Paratha over
the heated skillet, smear oil or butter over the chana dal Paratha and flip both sides
Serve hot Stuffed Kabuli chana dal parata with curds or palak chutney or any chutney.
Sending this recipe to Vardini's LGSS - Stuffed Parata event and Vatsala's LGSS event
Love channa dal always and these stuffed parathas look so inviting. Thx for linking to the event.
Event: Sinful Delights
Event: Stuffed Paratha
Turmed out just superb - I added lesser amount of mirchi powder.
This site is turning out to be my reference for breakfast/snacks/lunch/dinner. waiting for my OTG to try out the recipes. :-)