Hittina Aambode/Rice Flour Vada is a traditional snack, my grandmother used to prepare it and passed on the legacy. It tastes great and very crispy. Hittina Aambode/Vada is very easy to prepare. Try this out for Diwali and give a surprise to your family. It takes minutes to prepare and seconds to disappear from the plate!
I bet with you, try this out you will not be disappointed .........
Rice Flour : 1 Cup or 200 gms
Green Chillies : 7 - 8
Grated Coconut: 2 tbsp
Bengal Gram: 1/2 tbsp
Curds - 1 tbsp
Salt: 1 tbsp
Water : 1 cup
Coriander Leaves : 1/2 tbsp
Asafoetida : 1 tsp
1. Place kadai on a medium flame and pour 1 cup of water, add bengal gram and bring it to boil.
2. Meanwhile grind the green chillies to a paste and add it to boiling water.
3. Put Asafoetida, grated coconut, coriander leaves and Salt.
4. Mix well and boil for a minute. Reduce the flame and pour rice flour.
5. Mix well with the boiling water to form dough and switch off the flame. Aambode dough is ready now.
6. Make small patties/balls from the dough as shown in picture.
7. Heat oil in the kadai and deep fry these patties/vada/ambode in a medium flame till it turns golden brown.
Delicious Crispy Hittina Aambode / Rice Flour Vada is ready to eat.
very tasty and easy to prepare. my favorite. nice
very tasty and easy to prepare. nice