Churmuri is a popular snack all over Karnataka. Tomato Churmuri is tasty low calorie snack prepared using raw vegetables.
Health Benefits Of Tomato:
- Improves eyesight, low hypertension, diabetes, skin problem and urinary tract problems.
- Tomato is rich source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- Reduces cholesterol and protects heart.
Tomatoes - 2
Onions: 1 finely chopped
Carrot: 1 grated
Green chutney: 1 tbsp (This is paste of coriander+green chillies+jeera+salt+pinch of sugar+lemon juice)
Tamarind paste: 1 tbsp (This is a paste of tamarind pulp+jaggery boiled together and cooled)
Spicy ground nut or Kadalekaayi Beeja: 1 tbsp (Omit this if you are on diet)
Coriander Leaves: A handful
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Oil: 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Slice Tomatoes to a round shape, arrange them in a plate.
2. Take a vessel or bowl and a spoon to mix. Just add grated carrot, finely chopped onion, green chutney, tamarind chutney, coriander leaves, lemon juice, oil and salt. Mix well.
3. Place this mixture on each slice.
4. Finally garnish with Spicy ground nut and puffed rice.
Serve Tomato churmuri immediately.
|Tags: Easy Cooking,Diet Foods,Tomato |