Sev/ Ompadi is a crispy vermicelli, which is very easy dish prepared with besan. Sev/ Opmpadi is used in almost all chats.
1. Besan - 1 Cup
2. Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
3. Salt to taste
4. Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
5. Oil for deep frying
6. Rice Flour - 2 tsp ( makes sev/ompadi crispy)
7. Hot oil - 1 tbsp
1. Mix Besan, Rice Flour, Turmeric, Salt, Asafoetida, hot oil well with little water. Let the dough be stiff.
2. Place a kadai, pour required quantity of oil and heat it.
3. Fill the dough in the "Sev Press Machine" and press directly into hot oil.
4. Deep fry on a medium flame until its crispy. Remove and drain on a tissue papper
5. Repeat with the remaining dough.
|Tags: sev, chats, ompadi, crispy vermicelli|