Spicy Poha/Khara Avalakki - An evening snack, is a spicy easy to prepare dish. A Delicious, Crispy, crunchy, spicy dish with a cup of hot coffee/tea will be a good combination.
1. Poha/Thick Avalakki - 1 cup
2. Green Chillies - 4 - 5
3. Peanuts - 1/4 cup
4. Tamarind - a small lemon sized
5. Asafoetida - a pinch
6. Jaggery - 2tsp
7. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
8. Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
9. Oil - 2tsp
10. Curry leaves
11. Salt to taste
12. Roasted Sandige powder - 1/2 cup
13. Dry grated coconut - 1/4 cup
1. Fry green chillies with out oil till you notice white dots over it.
2. Also fry Poha/Thick avalakki, take care it does not turn brown.
3. Now grind roasted Poha/Thick avalakki, green chillies, tamarind, jaggery coarsely.
4. Take a kadai, heat oil and add mustard seed when it starts spluttering add peanuts, roasted sandige powder, dry grated coconut and the coarsely grinded powder (from step 3). Add salt to taste and a pinch of Asafoetida. Fry for few mins.
5. Cool it store in air tight container.
Spicy Poha/Khara Avalakki is ready to serve with hot coffee/tea.
Sending this recipe to Srivalli's Snacks Mela
|Tags: Spicy Poha/Khara Avalakki, Poha, Khara Avalakki, Avalakki, thick Avalakki, snacks, evening snack|