Ambode is a traditional Karnataka dish which is very delicious, crispy and mouth watering. Usually prepared during festivals, wedding, .....
1. Kadalebele / Channa Dal - 1 cup
2. Green Chillies - 7 - 8 nos
3. Onion - 1 finely chopped (Optional)
4. Pudina leaves (Optional)
5. sabsige soopu (Fresh Dill leaves) finely chopped (optional)
6. Coriander leaves
7. Salt to taste
8. Asafoetida/Hing - 1/2 tsp
9. Oil for frying
10. Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
1. Soak Kadalebele / Channa Dal for 2 hours.
2. Grind Kadalebele / Channa Dal coarsely without using water.
3. Take a mixing bowl and Now add all the ingredients (coarsely grinded Kadalebele / Channa Dal, green chillies paste, finely chopped onion, pudina leaves, sabsige soopu, grated coconut, Asafoetida/Hing, salt to taste), Mix well.
4. Heat Oil in a Kadai.
5. Make small patties/vadas required size and deep fry on low flame till it turns golden brown.
Serve hot with Chutney. You can also soak this in Majjigehulli or Saaru/Rasam and serve.
|Tags: ambode, traditional Karnataka dish, traditional dish, Dal Vada, Masal Vada|