A unique snack of karnataka, India. A deep fried snack enjoyed anytime of the day. This south indian recipe is a wonderful snack loved by all. A traditional snack prepared in Maddur, Maddur is small town in the Mandya district which lies between the cities Bangalore and Mysore.
1. Maida - 1 Cup
2. Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
3. Coriander and curry leaves - 1/4 cup
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil for deep fry
6. Hot oil - 3 tbsp
7. Onions - 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
8. Fine Sooji - 1/2 cup
9. Green Chillies - 7/8 finely chopped
1. Sieve Flours (Maida, Rice) and salt. Add chopped Onions, Coriander leaves, Curry leaves, Green Chillies, Sooji and Mix.
2. Add Hot oil to the mixture (step 1) and mix well.
3. Sprinkle very little water and make dough. Do not add more water. Once the dough done, rest for 3 to 4 mins.
4. Grease a butter paper. Take a small portion of the dough and slightly flatten it. This needs to be little thick.
5. Take a Kadai, heat oil and slide out the vada carefully to the hot oil. Once it turns goplden brown flip the other side. Drain on paper towel and repeat the same. Do not place more than 3 - 4 in a batch.
Serve hot with Tea/Coffee.
|Tags: Maddur Vada, Maddur Vada Recipe, vada, Onion|