Bitter gourd/Bitter melon, as the name suggests, is extremely bitter, but if prepared well it can even be your favorite. Bitter gourd is a common vegetable cultivated extensively all over India. Bitter melon has been used in various Asian and African traditional medicine systems for a long time.
1. Bitter Gourd/ Bitter melon/ Hagalkai (Kannada) - 1
2. Salt to taste
3. Oil - 2 tsp
4. Red Chillie powder - 2 tsp
1. Clean Bitter Gourd, Chop it into thin circular disks, the thinner the more crisp taste you get.
2. Take bowl, Add Oil, salt to taste, red chilli powder and mix well. Add the chopped circular bitter gourd disks and toss well, so that each disk gets coated well.
3. Now take microwave glass plate, grease little oil and place the disks in it, Do not over lap the disks
4. Place this in microwave for 5 minutes, spread 2 more tsp of oil over it and microwave again.
5. Repeat the process until all the disks are crisp. Takes around 15 minutes (Total)
6. Serve as snack or serve with Rice-Rasam.............
|Tags: Bitter gourd/Bitter melon crisps, Bitter Gourd, microwave dish|