Banana stem/Bale dindu is a rich source of dietary fibre. We have already posted recipe for Bale Dindu/Plantain Stem Palya/Sabzi. Bale dindu Pakora is very easy to prepare and very tasty too.
- It is a good source of dietary fiber. Since it is high in fibre, it acts as a laxative and can ease constipation.
- Banana stems juice
when combined with buttermilk and had on a empty stomach helps in
weight reduction. The juice has various other benefits. It is a relief
for ulcers, burning sensation and acidity. Its astringent quality helps
in blood coagulation.
- Banana stem is rich in potassium and thus if regularly taken, it can cure stomach pains.
Bale dindu ( plantain stem ) - 1 cup finely chopped
Bengal gram flour - 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Asafoetida - a pinch
Coriander leaves - a few chopped finely
Salt - a pinch
1. Mix bengal gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, coriander leaves, plantain stem, salt in a bowl with water and knead to a dough.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.
3. Fry small portions of the dough in oil, till crisp and serve hot.