Dhokla is a popular traditional Gujarati dish. A fluffy spongy dish made of besan. A quick and very easy, healthy snack! :).
1 cup Gram Flour
1/2 cup Curd
1 PInch Turmeric
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 Chopped Green Chili
4 Green Chillies (Mark a cut in between them)
2″ Inch Grated Ginger
1/2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
1 Tsp Fruit Salt (ENO)
1-1/2 Tbsp Oil
1-1/2 Tsp Sugar
20 Leaves Curry Leaves
1-1/4 Cup Water (1/4 cup for making batter & 1 cup for seasoning)
1. Take a bowl, add gram flour and curd gradually. Mix it well.
2. Add 1/4 cup of water and mix well again. Keep aside the bowl for 4 hours to ferment. This step is optional.
3. You can even use the Gram Flour straightaway without waiting for 4 hours.
4. Transfer it to a bowl, add 1 Tbsp of oil, Salt, Turmeric, finely chopped green chillies, grated ginger and 1 tsp of sugar and mix well.
5. Take aluminum bowl. Grease it with oil completely. So that batter will not stick on it. Keep the bowl aside.
6. Add 1 tsp of fruit salt (ENO) in the batter and mix well.
7. Batter is now fluffy and soft. Mix well and transfer it to a greased aluminum bowl.
8. Fill 25% of pressure cooker with water and place 1 small half filled bowl inside it.
9. Place the dhokla aluminum bowl above the small bowl and cover the lid of the pressure cooker (do not put weight. whistle on the lid.
10. Keep the stove on high flame and steam the Dhokla for 25 min..
11. Dhokla is ready, take it out in a plate.
12. Separate the Dhokla from the corners of the bowl, with the help of a knife.
13. Take it out in a plate. Cut it in pieces and keep it aside.
14. Now we will prepare tadka for our delicious Dhokla.
14a. Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Add curry leaves and green chilies. Cook on low flame.
14b. Add 1 cup of water. After mixing well, add 1/2 tsp of sugar and chopped coriander leaves. Cook on high flame for about 2min..
14c. Spread the prepared green chili mixture on the dhokla pieces.
Dhokla is ready. Prepare this tasty Dhokla and enjoy!!!.
|Tags: dhokla, besan dhokla, tradition gujarati dish|