Krishna janmastami is just a few weeks ahead and many of us would be preparing various kind of sweets and snacks for this festival. You can think of preparing this sweet too. oats dry fruits ladoo recipe is a sugar free version. This is a very healthy sweet which you eat with guilt free conscience. You can give these ladoos to kids after they return from school or even pack them in their snack box.
Try this oats dry fruits ladoo a healthy low calorie sweet.
Cooking Oats - 1/4 cup (I used Quaker)
Dates - 14 deseeded
Figs - 5
Almonds - 12
Walnuts - 10
Pistachios - 2 tbsp
Raisins - 1/4 cup
Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
Khus-Khus - 1 tbsp
Honey - 1 tbsp
1. Dry roast oats for 2-3 mins and coarsely powder them and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast sesame seeds and khus-khus and keep it aside.
3. Warm almonds,pistachios and walnuts separately one by one and also pulse them separately to get tiny bits.Do this in whipper mode and also do this process separately.Remove and keep it aside.
4. Chop figs, raisins and dates finely and run this in mixer for a minute or two.The idea here is to get a sticky but slight coarse mixture as this is the main sweet base and also the binding agent.
5. Now in a wide bowl add the ground dates-fig mixture,powdered oats,almonds-pistachios-walnuts mixture and sesame seeds. Add honey and mix them well. Check for the sweetness of the mixture. If required you can add more honey or chopped dates.
6. Make small balls of lemon sized out of the mixture.
Store them in an air tight container.
|Tags: oats dry fruits ladoo|