Kadabu is a traditional sweet dish of Karnataka for the Ganesha Chaturthi festival.It has a very easy-to-make filling, and is extremly common in karnataka and maharashtra homes during festivals.
Number of pieces/makes - 30
For the covering:
Fine Rava (thin rava) - 300gms
Maida - 2 tbsp
A pinch of salt
A pinch of Haldi
Ghee - 2tbsp
Freshly grated coconut - 1 Big sized
Grated jaggery - less than 1/2 of the grated coconut measure
1/2 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi)
For Coconut Filling:
- Heat the pan/kadai, add coconut and jaggery.
- Cook on medium heat with stirring, until the jaggery has melted and mixed well with the coconut.
For the cover:
Putting it together:
- Add salt, ghee,maida and water to the fine rava and knead.
- The dough should be stretchy and smooth.
- Take a small ball of dough and roll it into a circle of about 3" diameter.
- Place a spoon of the filling in the center, and fold the circle in a half-moon shape.
- Apply a little water on the edges and seal. Cover with a damp cloth.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Deep fry on medium heat until crisp and brown, and serve.