Broken Wheat/Ghodi Thari Paayasa, a healthy desert is made out of broken wheat, jaggery and milk.
Broken Wheat payasam is usually prepared on Anantha Chaturdashi day for naivedyam.
Health Benefits of Broken Wheat:
- Cracked wheat is an excellent option for reducing gas, easing
constipation and helping to maintain the entire digestive track as a
- Naturally low in fat and absolutely free of saturated fats, cholesterol
and trans fats, this food is a great way to help maintain a consistent
weight loss regimen.
Broken/Cracked Wheat: 1 cup
Water: 2 cups
Milk: 2 cups
Ghee: 1/2 tbsp (for roasting cashews and raisins)
Powdered Jaggery: 1 cup
Almond and Raisins: 1/4 cup
Elachi/Cardamon: 2 pods powdered
1. Fry Broken wheat with 1 tsp ghee till you get good aroma.
2. Add 2 cups of water to it and pressure cook fried broken wheat. Let it cool down.
3. Take a heavy bottom pan add cooked broken wheat, Milk and jaggery. Mix well and bring it to boil. Keep stirring. If required add water or milk.
4. Finally add roasted cashews and raisins in ghee to it.
Note: On cooling down it becomes thick in consistency, add milk before serving.
Sending this recipe to Dish it out - with Wheat and Jaggery and Vardhini's Dish it Out