Gol papdi is a sweet made of jaggery and wheat flour. Gol papdi is a gujarati specialty sweet. If you have unexpected guests at home, Gol papadi is an ideal sweet dish to prepare. You can prepare this in no time and also it tastes great.
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Jaggery(Grated/Crushed) - little more than 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
1. Sprinkle poppy seeds on a greased plate and keep it aside.
2. Melt ghee in a thick bottom pan, add wheat flour to it. Keep stirring till it turns golden brown or you get a good aroma.
3. Trun off the flame. Add grated jaggery and cardamom powder to this hot flour. So that jaggery melts in it. Stir well so that jaggery melts in it totally.
4. Pour the mixture to the greased plate when hot and spread it evenly.
5. Cut into diamond shapes when it sets.
Gol papdi is ready to serve.