Rice halbai or rice halwa is a traditional, healthly and tasty sweet , this sweet is a popular cuisine from udupi. It is very easy to prepare , just that the proportion of ingredients is very important.
Rice: 1 cup
Coconut : 1 cup
Water: 3 and 1/2 cups
Jaggery : 1 cup (Finely powdered)
Cardamom powder : 1/4 tsp
Ghee: 2 tbsp
1. Soak rice for 2 - 4 hours
2. Drain off the water and transfer to the blender,
add 1 cup coconut and ¼ cup water.
blend to smooth paste.
3. In a large kadai take 1 cup jaggery and add 1 cup water.
stir well until the jaggery dissolves completely.
switch off and filter the syrup. Switch on the flame.
4. Add in prepared rice coconut paste, stir well so that without forming lumps.
further, add 2 tbsp ghee and mix well.
the mixture will start to turn glossy and separates the pan.
5. Transfer it to a greased tray, level up spreading uniformly. rest for 30 minutes . Cut them into square pieces.
finally, garnish with cashew and enjoy halbai.