Curd rice is a very popular South Indian delicacy which is served at the end of the meal. Curd rice is usually served with some pickle. To make it very delicious try this recipe of uppu menasinakai mosarana.
Uppu Menasinakai or Menasinakai Balaka is sun dried stuffed green chillies.
2 cups White rice (well cooked)
1/2 cup Yogurt/Curds
1/2 cup milk1/4 cup chopped fresh grapes
1/4 cup pomegranate
A handful coriander leaves
Salt as per taste
2 - 3 nos of Uppu Menasinakai or Menasinakai Balaka
2 tbsp oil to fry Menasinakai Balaka
3 tsp Ghee
1 tsp Mustard
5 - 6 Curry leaves
1 tsp Chana dal
1 tsp Urad dal
1 tbsp cashews
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1. Heat oil in kadai, shallow fry Menasinakai Balaka and crush the balakas and keep it aside.
2. Take a large mixing bowl, add rice, curds, milk, grapes, pomegranate, coriander leaves. Add salt and Mix well.
3. Heat 1 tsp ghee in kadai, add cashews fry till golden brown and add to curd rice mixture and mix well.
4. Heat remaining ghee, add mustard seeds on spluttering add chana dal, ural dal, curry leaves, ginger. Fry for a min and add to curd rice mixture and mix well.
5. Add the crushed balakas from step 1 to curd rice mixture. Mix well.
Serve chilled towards the end of the meal.