Tomato Pulao or Tomato Rice is easy to prepare and very delicious.It goes well with onion raita/pachadi/potato chips.It is ideal for packed lunch.
So, here's the recipe of tomato pulao ....
Rice - 2 cups
Tomatoes - 3 ripened tomatoes chopped
Onions - 1 chopped lengthwise
Peas - a handful (optional)
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
MTR or any other pulao masala powder - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 4-6
Cliantro/coriander leaves for garnishing.
Salt - According to taste
For masala paste:
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Cloves - 2
Green chilli - 1
Red chilli - 1
Garlic - 1 pod optional
Ginger - 1 inch
Grated coconut (fresh/frozen) - 1/2 cup
A few strands of mint/pudina (optional)
1. Grind the coconut, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, clove, red chilli, green chili, mint leaves using little water & create a paste of it.
2. Chop the tomatoes and grind it to a fine paste and keep aside.
3. Add oil in a pan. When oil add mustard seeds and jeera. When mustard seeds splutter, add curry leaves, onion & saute for a minute.
4. Add the masala paste & saute in oil until the raw smell disappears.
5. Add peas, tomato paste and fry for a minute. Add rice and mix well.
6. To this, add chili powder, pulao masala powder, salt and 4 cups of hot water
7. Close the lid of pan and pressure cook it for 2 whistle.
8. Garnish it with coriander leaves, gently mix and serve it hot with raitha of your choice or potato chips.
|Tags: tomato pulao Spicy tomato rice tomato bhath|