Bandekayi Palya/Brinjal Sabzi is avery tasty dish which goes well with Chapati or Roti.
Servings: 4 - 5 people
Preparation Time : 30 mins
Brinjal - 4/5 chopped lengthwise
Onion - 1 big chopped medium sized
Tomato - 1 small chopped medium sized
Capsicum - 1 medium sized chopped
Potato - 1 medium sized
Urad dal - 1 tsp
bengal gram - 1 tsp
Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Jeera - 1 tsp
Putani/Roasted Bengal Gram Powder - 1 tbsp
Vangi bath powder - 1 tbsp or Rasam powder + Sambar Powder - 1 tbsp
Red chillies - 2
1. Put 1 1/2 or 2 tbsp oil in frying pan. Heat the oil, add mustard seeds on spluttering red chillies, add jeera, urad dal, bengal gram and curry leaves. Add Turmeric powder and asafoetida.
2. Add onions and fry till transparent.
3. Add Capsicum, potatoes , brinjal and tomatoes . Mix well. Sprinkle Salt and cover with lid.
4. Entire veggies should get soft with oil itself no need to put water. Make sure veggies are soft enough. In case if the oil is very less for these to get soft, then just sprinkle water and cover it lid.
5. Once it is done, add Vangi bath powder, Putani powder and grated coconut. Mix well and Fry for a min. If required you can add salt.
Your delicious Sabzi/Palya is ready to serve with chapathi.