Chana masala is a traditional, delicious and popular Indian dish. You
can serve chana masala with Puris, Parathas, Chapatis......
1. Chick peas (kabuli chana) - 1 cup
2. Onion - 1
3. Tomato - 1
4. Green Chillies - 3-4
5. Bay leaves - 2-3
6. Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
7. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
8. Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
9. Oil - 2 tbsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Coriander leaves - finely chopped for garnishing
12. Boiled potatoes - 1 (mashed)
13. Jeera - 1 tsp
1. Soak Chick peas (kabuli chana) in water for overnight.
2. Pressure cook Chick peas (kabuli chana) until tender.
3. Chop onion, tomato and green chilli. Blend it in mixie along with ginger.
4. Heat oil in a pan, Add jeera and bay leaves fry for few secs. Add the above blended mixture, mashed potatoes and
fry on medium heat.
5. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add water enough to make thick gravy. Bring the gravy to boil.
7. Add cooked chick peas (along with the water in which it was cooked). Stir well and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves and serve hot with Puris, Parathas, Chapatis....
|Tags: Chana Masala, Chole Masala, Chick peas, kabuli chana |