MTR Pulav masala powder is available in most of the retail stores. This is the easiest way to prepare veg pulav. Try this method of preparing pulav, it is very tasty. This is ideal for lunch box.
Preparation Time : 30 mins
- MTR Pulav/Pulao Powder - 2 tsp
- Rice - 1 cup
- Beans - 5 pieces cut length wise
- Carrot - 1 pices cut length wise
- Potato - 1 big sized cut length wise
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower - 10 florets (optional)
- Chopped Green Chillies - 2
- Onions - 1 medium sized chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Cashew Nuts - 10
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 5-8
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Water - 2 cup
- Coriander Leaves - a few chopped
1. Wash the vegetables thoroughly, cut the vegetables and keep aside.
2. Wash Rice well with water and drain out the water and keep it aside.
3. Take cooker container, heat oil and ghee in the cooker container until
the ghee melts. Add Mustard Seeds, Jeera and fry for a min until
Mustard Seeds splutter. Next add Curry Leaves, chopped Green Chillies, chopped Onions and Ginger - Garlic paste fry until the Onions appear soft. At this stage, add Cashew Nuts and fry till it turns golden
3. Then add cut Vegetables and peas from Step 1 to the cooker
container. Mix the contents well. Add Sugar now; Sugar helps to retain
the color of the Vegetables.
4. Add washed Rice from Step 2 and fry Rice well for about 2 min.
5. At this stage, add MTR Pulav/Pulao Powder, Salt and stir once.
Finally add 2 cups of water, close the cooker lid and allow the contents
For best results, when you hear the 3 whistle of the cooker, switch off the flame and allow the cooker pressure to ease.
Once you open the cooker lid, you can add Lemon Juice and Cilantro/Coriander leaves and mix it well with Pulav/Pulao.
MTR powder based Vegetable Pulav/Pulao is now ready to be served.
Vegetable Pulao/Pulav can be had with Raita
|Tags: Pulav, Easy Cooking|