Corn Pulao easy to prepare and taste great. This dish needs only two vegetables. Perfect for lunch box or as a breakfast dish.
Servings: 4 people
Preparation Time: 40 mins
- Basmati Rice/Jeera Rice - 1 cup
- American Corn - 2 cups
- Onion - 1 big sized cut length wise
- Pulao/Pulav leaves or Tej Patta or Bay Leaves - 1 big sized
- Oil / Ghee - 2 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Tomato - 1 small sized
- Grated Coconut - 2 Tbsp
- Cashew Nuts - 7-8
- Coriander Leaves - 1/2 cup
- Ginger - 1/2 inch length
- Green Chillies - 2
- Garlic cloves (optional) - 2
- Garam Masala - 2 tsp
1) Wash Rice with water. Pour out the water completely - rice should stay as dry as possible for 30 mins. Wash American Corn once with water.
Transfer all the Wet masala ingredients to a mixer.
Grind well (without adding water) in the mixer grinder to obtain smooth
paste. Keep aside.
3) Heat Oil in a cooker container/pan. Add Onion
and fry until the Onions look slightly transparent. Now add Pulao Leaves and fry for a min.
4) Add ground paste and fry in the container with above ingredients till the water content disappears.
Add washed Corn and then Rice from step 1 and fry until the Rice turns a bit thick.
Now add 2 cups of water to the cooker and stir for a min. Add Salt and close the pressure cooker lid and allow the contents to cook.
When you hear the 2 - 3 cooker whistles, switch to low flame and continue
to heat for about 2 minutes. Then switch off the flame and allow the
pressure of the cooker to ease.
Now Corn Pulav is ready to serve for lunch box. You can have this Pulav with Raitha.
Great taste, thanks for the recipe