Do you have a beetroot left out at home ... don't throw, just Try this recipe of Beetroot pulav which is very tasty and ideal for lunch box. You can also serve this pulav with raita.
1. Grated beetroot - 1 cup
2. Chopped capsicum - 1/2 cup
3. Fresh green peas - 1/2 cup
4. Chopped onions - 3/4 cup
5. Raisins - A handful
6. Cashew - A handful
6. Rice - 1 and 1/2 cups
1. Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
2. Tomato - 1 Medium
3. Ginger - 1" piece
4. Onion - 1 Small
5. Coriander Leaves - A handful
6. Mint Leaves - 8/10 leaves
7. Poppy seeds - 1/2 tsp
8. Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
9. Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
10. Garam Masala - 1 tbsp
11. Garlic - 2 cloves
Procedure:1. Wash and drain water from Rice and spread it on a plate.
2. Grind the wet masala ingredients to a fine paste.
3. Place your presuure cooker/pan add 1 table spoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of ghee in it on a medium flame.
4. Add jeera, onion and fry till transparent, later add peas and capsicum. Fry for 2 more min.
5. Add grated beetroot and fry for 1 min.
6. Add the wet masala fry for 1 more min.
7. Finally add rice, salt and water. Water quantity should be exactly double that of rice. In this case put 3 cups of water. Close the lid. Let it whistle for 2 - 3 times.
On cooling down your delicious beetroot pulav is ready to eat. You can also serve this with raita.
|Tags: Pulav,Breakfast, lunch box|