This is a Maharastrian dish and is also called Sabudana Khichdi. We use pototoes and roasted peanuts for this upma. People usually prepare this on Sankasti Chaturthi days.
Soaking procedure is very important in this. Please follow the soaking procedure mentioned below.
Servings : 4 people
Sabudana - 200 gms
Roated Peanuts - 50 gms
Boiled Potatoes - 2
Green chillies -3 chopped length wise
Coriander Leaves - A handful
Salt to taste
Soak Sagu/Sabudana in water for 30 mins but not more than 30 mins. Later on drain the water from it and let it dry for 8 hours. Letting it dry for long hours will make it non-sticky. If you need to prepare this dish in the morning, do the soaking procedure in the night.
1. Boil the potatoes and cut it into small cubes.
2. Roast the peanuts and grind it in a mixer, but powder should be fine.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, when it starts popping, add the jeera, green chillies and curry leaves.
4. Add the potatoes, salt, sugar and mix well .
5. Add the sabudana, mix well and cook on low flame for 5mins.
6. Now add the peanut powder, coriander leaves and the coconut. Cook for 1min.
7. Serve with lemon or squeeze in lemon juice.
|Tags: Sabudana, breakfast|
superb very soft and tasty dish thankx for the proportion.
I’m planning to cook this dish over the weekend,
I m one among the silent visitors of ur site. I couldn't keep silent anymore since ur website become my catering school.
whatever i try from ur site ends up with success only! Again this one too..