Do you have a bunch of coriander leaves in your kitchen. Just try this delicious rice/chitranna. It is very tasty and easy to prepare. Ideal for lunch box too.
I learnt this recipe from my mom, she uses aralu sandige for toppings on this rice. Here goes the recipe for this:
Coriander Leaves - 1 medium bunch or 1 big bowl
Grated Coconut - 3 tbsp
Green chillies - 4 - 5
Jeera - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Aralu Sandige/ Spicy Papad - 2
Rice - 1 cup
salt to taste
For Seasoning: 2tsp
peanuts, 1tsp whole cashews (optional), 1tsp channa dal, 1tsp urad dal, 1/2 tsp
mustard and a few curry leaves, 1 red chillies.
1. Wash rice and add 2 cups of water and boil in pressure cooker. Meanwhile get the other steps done.
2. Grind Coriander Leaves,Coconut,Asafoetida,green chillies, jeera, mustard seeds to fine paste.
3. Deep Fry Spicy Papad or Aralu sandige in oil. Remove it, let it cool down. Powder it as shown.
4. Use the same oil for seasoning. Put mustard seeds, on spluttering add ground seeds , turn it to medium flame and fry till golden brown. Add
the channa dal, urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves and cover
cooked for just a minute watching it carefully on medium heat.
5. Add the fine paste of coriander from step 2 to this seasoning and fry for 5 mins or till the water content disappear.
6. Add cooked cooled rice and mix well with paste. Add salt to taste.
Your Coriander Rice is ready , put the Aralu sandige on top of this before serving. This will add more taste to this rice.
You can keep this paste ready in your refrigerator and add it to boiled rice any time you want.
Sending this recipe to the event Dish Name Starts with K
Sending this recipe to Announcing Healthy Cooking Challenge : Healthy Lunch
as well as HCC : Healthy Cooking Challenge
Thanks for the fundoo recipe. I prepared the dish and it tasted awesome.
Keep up the great work!!