Veg Pulav a north indian vegeterian rice dish is an all time favorite party dish. It is also good for lunch boxes.
Rice : 1 and 1/2 cup
Beans, Carrot, Capsicum, Peas, Corn - 1 and 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 chopped medium sized
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1 tsp
Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
Kaju - 8 - 10
Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves - a handful
Pudina leaves - 10 - 15
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Poppy Seeds/Gasgase - 1 tsp
Onion - 1 medium
Tomato - 1
Chillies - 4
Garlic - 2/3 (optional)
1. Wash rice and drain the water and keep it aside for 20 mins. Meanwhile you get the other stuff ready.
2. Grind the ingredients of the wet masala to a fine paste. Please make sure you add ginger to the wet masala.
3. Place your pressure cooker/pan put 1 table spoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of ghee in it on a medium flame.
4. Put jeera, onion and fry till transparent. Then put all the veggies. Fry for 2 more min.
5. Put the wet masala paste and fry for a min.
6. Put the rice and mix well.
7. Finally put Turmeric powder, Chilli powder , garam masala and mix well.
8. Finally put rice and salt. Put water. Water quantity should be exactly
double that of rice. In this case put 3 cups of water. Close the lid.
Let it whistle for 2 - 3 times.
On cooling down your delicious veg pulav is ready to eat. You can also serve this with raita.